but now - thanks to my coach ... i have a plan for the half marathon on the 28th. here's the best part of the plan: my coach is running with me. a week and a half after running boston, he is going to run the mini with me & pace me to the finish. he has announced that he will be my sherpa, carry my GU, get my water ... i am to do nothing but focus on running ... hello, people - how lucky am i?
here's the plan (a condensed version):
- we need to be near the front
- miles 2-4 are good for "getting time in the bank", we'll go faster than i am comfortable with.
- once we hit the park (and the beginning of 3 miles of hills), we'll run steady, but use gravity to really speed it up on the downhills.
- we'll really hit the gas on last descent (mile 6) we can get a fast mile in on that last downhill coming out of park.
- then we'll settle into steady pace on the next, flat 6 miles ...
- at mile 12.5, we'll really kick it in to end & finish strong.
it will be hard ... no doubt - i have in fact already been informed that i'll be praying for race to end ... but having a good friend & coach right there to help me through is the best.